Change is good, but it's always just... different ^_^Transfers feel like forever ago, and this week flew by. It feels like Zr Kimmons and I have been companions for longer than just 5 days, but it's the gospel truth.
Every new companion has a couple days where they are surprised that I talk in my sleep, but eventually they just get used to it. It's embarrassing but also funny. Apparently I was setting some baptismal dates in my sleep this past week, as well as bearing my testimony about the sacrament, and then talking about how much I love stroopwafels. All of this was in Dutch, so that makes me feel better. haha more updates to follow next week. Maybe we'll make that a weekly feature: "While Zuster Watts Was Sleeping" or something. I don't do titles. haha
Zuster Kimmons is hilarious! We just sing songs all the time and talk in southern accents to each other and it's wonderful. I'd like to thank my mom for teaching me how to do a southern accent. My texan companion was impressed with my southern drawl. awe yeah ^_^
We got a new bishop on Sunday, which nobody was expecting, and the daughter of our new bishop let out a very loud gasp when the stake president announced it. It startled all the people around her so it was just a very dramatic moment and we all laughed. haha
1. I felt like we should go and look up a couple people randomly that we'd been trying to get in contact with, and they were finally home and were able to make appointments, so that was cool :)
2. All this week it's been so sunny and today I'm just wearing a t shirt with a jacket (we're playing volleyball with the district at the church today) SPRING IS GORGEOUS HERE
3. Our investigator friend told us she wants to be baptized, she just doesn't know when yet! aaaaah!!!! She's wonderful.
4. I got to hold a bunny and a small cat at the same time. I'm becoming such an animal person on my mission I feel like I'm not the same person anymore. It's wonderful
5. I got a new bike seat and achter slot (nice type of bike lock) for freeeee and also a bike seat cover! I feel so blessed and lucky!
6. My companion and I get along so well and this transfer just seems like it is going to be such a good one! :D
7. We got permission to go to our Amsterdam investigator’s baptism in Apeldoorn this last Saturday, and it was just such a sweet experience. She's a doll.
I'm loving life here.
My favorite scripture:
In Matthew 26:47-50 we read of the betrayal of the Savior. I noticed in John chapter 13 that it says He washed the feet of all the apostles, even Judas. A few chapters later (John 15:13-15), Christ says, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." And then in the betrayal, he calls Judas his friend. When I read that all of those things just clicked in my head and I just wanted to cry. It was beautiful. Christ loves us all, even those that betrayed him.
We need to have love for everyone and be willing to forgive, no matter what they did to wrong us.
LOVE YOU ALL